Monday, April 16, 2012

Ethiopia, Summer 2012


I would like to share with you an exciting opportunity that I have been given again for this summer.  A few summers ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to serve Christ on the mission field in Europe, this summer God has called me back to the mission field. From June 16-August 4, I, Lord willing, will be going on a mission trip to Ethiopia with Royal Servants.  Royal Servants gives teens and young adults a life-changing experience with God that drives what we know about God from our heads to our hearts.  The idea behind Royal Servants is to expose us to the world’s burning need for a Savior, to equip us to meet that need, and then to send us back home to be actively involved serving their own church.  I will have a chance to share the gospel and be intentionally disciplined in order to grow in my personal walk with God.  Royal Servants will be an experience of a lifetime!             Royal Servants goes to many destinations. Of the destinations, I felt led to go to Ethiopia.  For about seven weeks we will dedicate our lives to serving others.  We will fly in to Ethiopia and we will work alongside local Christians and NGO’s in Addis Ababa and the surrounding communities.  We will be using dramas, dance, and puppets to reach out through public performances, which will draw a crowd and we will be able share our faith in Christ.  We will also be working with the poor and the orphans in an area that desperately needs the hope of the gospel.

            I am so excited to be able to have this opportunity and I can't wait to go!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment